Update

1:46 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
It sure has been a while. We have been without internet and cable for over a month now. This means my posting is scarce unfortunately. I wanted to get on and do a few quick updates...
Drake - OMG he is going to be the ONE in a short 20 days! This past year has flown by and my little man is so big! He took two steps on his own the other day and I was so excited. He has yet to grasp the idea of walking on his own but this is just fine with me. He crawls like a speed demon and is starting to say more and understand even more. He is amazing.
Baby Bean - Well we have names for baby bean, either Ashlee Vanessa or Colten Robert. Ashlee Vanessa is after my sister who passed away July 2, 2007. Her name was Ashley Renae. We chose Ashlee so she would have her own written identity and Vanessa because it means butterfly. Ashley loved butterflies. Colten is simply a name we liked, his nickname will be Cole (Daddy's choice.) The middle name is after Scott's Pop who passed in September of 07 and my Grampa who passed on Halloween many years ago. We are about 12 weeks and 5 days pregnant. There has been plenty of confusion about our due date. We meet with the doctor May 20th for our next prenatal appointment and to discuss the dates. Currently I am out of the first trimester, which is amazing. With the second trimester, comes less worry, no longer existent morning sickness and we are that much closer to finding out if we are going to be blessed with a girl or boy. At this point I've come to terms with whatever it may be. I'd prefer a girl so that my heart will be okay with only two children. At the same time a boy would be nice, because as my brother Ben says, "I would have enjoyed having a brother to play with." I'm torn. We should be able to find out in June, but we will know more after May 20th.
Us - We've been super busy looking for employment. Scott's unemployment is quickly running out and I have no income. I had an interview Monday and also one today. I haven't heard from the Monday interview but I feel really great about todays. I should know more about today's interview on Monday. It is a great opportunity and I am praying that I get the position and then can impress them enough to hire me as a permanent, regardless of the fact that I am pregnant. We have an extremely busy month ahead. Between birthday parties, birthdays, wedding showers, and vacation we will be right out straight!

0 comments: